Thursday, January 31, 2013

Ergo walk

It's official .. I love the Ergo. It took me a while to love it since the newborn insert frustrated me to no end, and even now, it doesn't feel like he fits it quite right sometimes (just sometimes, which is weird), but he's gotten over the "I'm in an Ergo and I'm going to cry" phase and seems to really enjoy it now. We took the long walk around the neighborhood (the one I usually do in a stroller) and he was alert and interested the whole time, though he hated the sun in his face. I had brought a thin blanket that I used to shield him but somewhere along the way, we lost his hat and one sock. :( I'll go look for it later. EDIT: I ran around the whole loop and found both of them, yay ! I wish I had gone backwards though since it was right at the end of our trek.

The thing about breastfeeding (at least, for me) is that I always have to drink water or I don't make much milk. The thing about drinking water is that it makes me have to pee like crazy because I have a small bladder. You'd think I would learn my lesson by now, but I drank some water before our walk and I came to regret it later. We were maybe a quarter mile in when I felt the first urges and I was thinking, no no no ! I just kept on walking and tried to hold it in but I couldn't completely. Repeat that for the whole walk home and by the time I got home, I no longer needed to use the restroom and I needed a change of clothes. :( Also, Dexter's cloth diaper had soaked through and so the front of my t-shirt was also wet.

Dexter hasn't been sleeping well during the day lately. My mom isn't feeling well and so I haven't been using her bed for naps (her bed is nice and firm and he loves to sleep on it) and he -may- fall asleep for a few minutes in his swing or on our bed, but he wakes up quickly. I'm tired ! But I think the walk tired him out because now he's asleep *fingers crossed*. He hasn't been sleeping as long at night either. He woke up twice last night at 2 AM and 7 AM.

I've been thinking lately that I take a lot of pictures of Dexter but not Dexter with someone else and so today I took a few photos of Dexter and me !

After a brief nap today Dexter woke up and there was blood dripping out of his mouth mixed with drool. I freaked out and looked inside his mouth and there was blood in there ! Then he started screaming. Like I'm-in-pain-help-me kind of screaming and I was trying to soothe him while trying to figure out where the blood was from (it was realistically maybe only a few drops of blood but diluted with drool). I called Chris and asked him to call the doctor. Dexter screamed and screamed until I gave in and gave him some Tylenol. Then I nursed. I felt for teeth and didn't feel any. There's no blood anymore thankfully and he's been sleeping since his last bottle.

Watching him nap on the bed makes me feel like he's such a big kid. He looks just like a tiny little person !

No comments:

Post a Comment