Saturday, January 5, 2013

The Grumpster

Dexter had a grumpy day today and I think it was my fault. Last night, he went to sleep aroud 7:30 PM and woke up around 2 AM, which has been his schedule lately. We had fed him a bottle before he went to sleep and so I hadn't pumped for eight hours at that point (eek) and so I think I had a lot of milk - he drank and fell asleep, and I swaddled him again and went to sleep. At some point during the night, I woke up and heard him grunting and tossing and turning and got up to check .. and realized that he had broken free during the night and was probably cold .. poor chub chub ! :( So I took him into bed with me. I fed him when he started making noises again at 5 AM and then again at 7 AM. I think I may have fed him again at 9 AM (the mornings are a blur but I know I felt like I was feeling him ALL the time today). My mom watched him while we went to Country Inn with my sister (yum) and then he ate again at 1:30 PM, then 4 PM, again at 7:30 PM .. arg, I really messed up his schedule today. I also don't think I had enough milk and he was hungry for most of the day (one of the downsides to breastfeeding). At 7:45 PM after tummy time, we fed him a large bottle (5 oz or so) and he went to sleep. Here's hoping he stays asleep until at least 2 AM ! It's Chris's turn tonight and hopefully it'll be a good night since he didn't sleep much during the day.

In other news, my mom is getting over her cold and sounds much better today .. it's nice that she can hold Dexter again without us getting worried as well. My sister and mom did some light shopping today and came back with two really cute Hanna Andersson outfits for Dexter. We thought about seeing Les Miserables but my sister is headed to SF tonight so we'll do it some other night. Instead, I went to .. the gym. Oh yes, you read that right. I don't know what came over me. As soon as the words came out of my mouth I regretted it ! But I went through with it and even ran nonstop for 25 minutes and felt great. I thought about running for longer but didn't want to overdo it. I also lifted weights under Chris's instruction. A shower later, I felt great.

I have been thinking lately how Dexter will be six months soon. He is getting so long lately. Don't grow up too fast, my little boy !

No comments:

Post a Comment