Wednesday, January 16, 2013

S t r e s s e d

Today was stressful. Deadlines are rapidly approaching and I'm feeling the pressure. I tried to work today at home but Dexter was having a rare moody day. He cried. He cried some more. I pulled hair out and got little work done. I had a meltdown.

I think we were both a little frustrated and I wonder if this is what it's going to be like until he can talk. I look at him and he just looks so .. pissed .. and I have no idea what's wrong. I tried everything to get him to be interested and engaged but he just wanted to cry.

We did manage to squeeze in bath time and it was the first time I washed his hair while he was sitting in the tub .. what a big boy thing to do ! He sure loves being clean. He definitely didn't get that from me. I wonder if he's going through a growth spurt again because today he's been feeding a lot more and frequently than usual.

Thankfully, Chris came home early and I took the opportunity to run into work. I even treated myself to McDonalds (my once yearly McDonalds) .. I later regretted it because it made my stomach hurt. Dang McDonalds, that's why I never eat you.

I stayed at work for five hours or so and thought I did enough that I could finish up at home and so I came home, ate (thank goodness for family members making meals), Facetimed my sister (hey, a girl's gotta do something relaxing once a day) and then sat down to work again.

Except .. the internet connection didn't want to stay up, and my connection to work was extremely slow when I could connect (sigh), and so now I'm sitting here updating this blog and thinking again about all the work that needs to be done tomorrow.

I did pump at my desk while I was in the office .. that was fun. It didn't seem like many people were still there (at 4:30 PM, ha !) and so I set everything up and pumped. I was a bit paranoid that someone would walk by but no one did, thankfully. We do have an unofficial pump room at work, but it is this really small, horror movie lit (extremely dim lightbulb that flickers), and windowless.


When I came home, I went into my mom's room to check on Dexter and he woke up and saw me and smiled. He knows just the right things to do to make me happy. :)

And in other good news ... Chris just fixed the n key on my keyboard so I don't have to mash it over and over to get it to type anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment