Friday, November 30, 2012

Stormy Day

I love the rain ! I think it's because I'm a winter baby .. there's something about listening to the rain outside .. it makes me sleep better and puts me in a better mood. I woke up at 6 AM this morning because I had left my cell charging on the dresser and my mom texted a few texts and the vibrations woke me up. But no worries .. I needed to pump anyways. I looked into the other bedroom and both of them were asleep. That's a good sign ! I got my pump parts and sat next to Chris to pump. I'm always amazed at how well he can sleep. He doesn't even stir. As I'm pumping, I'm wondering how my book is going to end .. I left off at a cliffhanger last night (at 2 AM) and I am already feeling a little sad that the story is going to be over. I also notice that there is only one bottle in the room. This is a good sign. This may mean that Dexter only woke up once during the night (I would later find out this was true and that he only woke up once at 4:30 AM).

Last night, Dexter finally began sleeping. He drank every hour for two or three feedings and then passed out for four hours. When he woke, he drank half asleep, and then fell asleep again. I'm hopeful today will an easy day because I have a lot of work I have to do. I did do most of it last night, but some of it I need to complete today.

I gave Dexter his first solo bath today ! By solo I mean I was the only one giving it. I was a little nervous but it turned out very easy and he was drifting off to sleep by himself afterwards in his little yellow rocker (I was using my foot to rock it and I was beginning to get foot cramps !) when .. he sharted. Twice. And woke himself up. After that, he didn't sleep well and so I changed him, fed him, and now he's sleeping in his swing and I'm all caught up on work. :)

I'm also looking at finishing up my Christmas list. Though .. I never really finish until Christmas Day. It's horrible ! I'm being good this year though. Honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment